For: Private landlords and letting agents
Format: Zoom online group course
Speaker: Bill Irvine
Date: Wednesday 9 June 2021
Duration: 2 hour
Number delegates: Maximum 20
Level: Beginner, intermediate & advanced
Since its introduction, in April 2013, Universal Credit has never been far from controversy. After a tortuously slow start, claimant numbers have jumped, due to COVID, from 2.4 to 6.2 million, in the past year and continue to rise at around 100,000 new claims every month. Under the strain, DWP is struggling to cope and has been forced to prioritise some parts of the scheme (e.g. new claims, payments, employability) at the expense of others. In the process, PRS landlords have lost out.
Key Webinar Content
This course has been specially created to address the areas of greatest concern and how these can best be tackled.
- What happens if your tenant fails to validate his/her claim or fails to make their claimant commitment?
- Why are 20% of all new claims refused at the first hurdle?
- How best to set up a tenancy agreement involving UC tenants?
- How can you ensure direct payment is made to you from the first month?
- What is Tier 1 factors & Third-Party Deductions and how can you maximise?
- Starting and ending a tenancy and safeguarding the “housing costs element”.
- Protecting yourself against overpayments and attempts by DWP to recover from you.
- How to effectively make complaints and appeals.
Contact us using the contact form or call on 01698 424 301 or 07733 080 389 (phone line open 9am-5pm Mon-Fri).